Woo! School!
Aug. 7th, 2009 08:49 pmAhh, the end of my last Friday of Freedom, for the new school year starts on Monday! \o/
Now, the List for this year. Because I have a lot of bad habits that I want to prevent this year, dangit.And I refuse to succumb to any form of "Senioritis".
1) If I am assigned an essay, I will begin writing it at least 48 hours before the day it is due. There will be no last minute night-before essays where I just barely meet the word requirement.
2) I will strive to hand in every assignement I am given, as complete as I can possibly make it. There will be no more "strategic failing" of assignments, even in the classes that I will have 104% in.
3) I will occasionally change my day-to-day routine and will take different paths to my classes, just for something different.
4) I will attempt to actually be social twice a week and not stay hidden away in my dad's room all yearlike I have these past three years.
5) Classwork first, then doodles.
6) Homework first, then computer. (This is a Big One.)
7) I will go to bed at least by 10:30PM. I will not stay up until 3AM only to wake up at 6AM. ((Unless I actually become stricken with insomnia, which is really difficult to overcome.))
8) I will attempt to wear a variety of outfits this year. Hopefully I won't just default to "one pair of blue jeans and five t-shirts for every day of the week" like I've been doing for a while.
9) I will visit past teachers from previous years, and/or I will say hello to them whenever I see them.
10) I will strive to remain in high-hopes the entire year. I refuse to succumb to my annual school-related depression. True, it sometimes inspires interesting art from me, but... it is Not Fun At All.
Now, the List for this year. Because I have a lot of bad habits that I want to prevent this year, dangit.
1) If I am assigned an essay, I will begin writing it at least 48 hours before the day it is due. There will be no last minute night-before essays where I just barely meet the word requirement.
2) I will strive to hand in every assignement I am given, as complete as I can possibly make it. There will be no more "strategic failing" of assignments, even in the classes that I will have 104% in.
3) I will occasionally change my day-to-day routine and will take different paths to my classes, just for something different.
4) I will attempt to actually be social twice a week and not stay hidden away in my dad's room all year
5) Classwork first, then doodles.
6) Homework first, then computer. (This is a Big One.)
7) I will go to bed at least by 10:30PM. I will not stay up until 3AM only to wake up at 6AM. ((Unless I actually become stricken with insomnia, which is really difficult to overcome.))
8) I will attempt to wear a variety of outfits this year. Hopefully I won't just default to "one pair of blue jeans and five t-shirts for every day of the week" like I've been doing for a while.
9) I will visit past teachers from previous years, and/or I will say hello to them whenever I see them.
10) I will strive to remain in high-hopes the entire year. I refuse to succumb to my annual school-related depression. True, it sometimes inspires interesting art from me, but... it is Not Fun At All.
no subject
Date: 2009-08-08 04:05 pm (UTC)3) I like this one.
4) I should try this one too. I'm going to try to attend some of the club things more. I usually start out good and then just get too lazy to go.
6/7) I'm not sure I could do those XD
Good luck o/
no subject
Date: 2009-08-08 06:51 pm (UTC)6/7) It's gonna be so difficult. DX
Thanks!
no subject
Date: 2009-08-08 05:46 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-08-08 06:56 pm (UTC)It's weird, my cousin moved to Georgia a couple years ago, and yet she still has an early August school start. Go figure! XD
no subject
Date: 2009-08-08 08:29 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-08-09 02:23 am (UTC)I start back to school August 31st. :)
no subject
Date: 2009-08-09 02:40 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-08-10 03:18 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-08-10 10:16 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-08-11 01:50 am (UTC)Thankfully I assumed correctly. Ahh, your senior year should be great. Good luck! :)